Thursday, December 15, 2011

Is it necessary on a first date and future dates to open the car door for your date?

Is it necessary on a first date and future dates to open the car door for your date? I am a 28 yr old guy, and i always wanted to treat my dates and girlfriends with RESPECT... and in my view... opening a door for your date seems a bit like I am not treating them equal as a person in a way. For me personally it also feels a bit unatural. Ive had girls who dont care and some that find it wrong that I dont. Dont get me wrong, it has NOTHING to do with respect.... its just something i find unnatural. Im trying to find out what most other people think. Please state your age and sex too so I can get a better feel of people who I am talking to.





Thanks,


Adam|||If your car has automatic locks then you don't have to hold the door open. If it doesn't you need to do it, it's only polite. On the other hand, you should ALWAYS open the restaurant door or other doors for any woman, coworker, mother, sister, date, wife, etc.





You seem like a nice guy, I'm sure you'll do the right thing. wish you the best.|||33 and f.





It's not neccessary, but it is really, really nice.|||Ok, this is how I have treated dates in the past, and it works. Open the door for your dates/girlfriends until you have sex the first time. After that, you can open the door for them when they are carrying bags from when they drag you shopping, or when you feel like being nice to them. Other times to open the door is when they feel sad or have been crying, or when they are pissed off at you. Even when she says, "Dont open the door for me ******!" you might want to gauge what it is you did and decide if it is worth it to open the door anyways.|||Age: 19


Sex: F





It is not really a necessity to do those things, but it is a very polite to do. I wont get upset if he did'nt open the door for me but if a guy does it I would think "wow what a gentlemen he is" and appreciate it. I think on the first date its a nice touch, its just a reflection of your personality; if you are generally a gentlemen then why not? But we all know you wont be doing that all the time.





Oh and I think a girl should not complain because its not that serious. Unless its done in a rude way, depends on the situation.





But its all up to you! You seem to be a gentleman

No comments:

Post a Comment